martes, 31 de marzo de 2009

First attempt

I have been carrying this book around with me for almost a month now. It is not the first time I read it. Oh, I have read it many times before. I even gave it as a gift and thought that I could share its wonders. But I am not sure it has reached its purpose. It inspired me to take the first steps in writing this blog. It even gave the blog a title. I have been thinking about it for a while, but it seems I could not find the courage to expose myself, my thoughts, my ideas. Who could possibly be interested in them? And then I thought ‘Do it for you. Take a chance. Try it.’ I have a lot of things to be thankful for. I was happy for a while, I was in a frenzy for a while, I was hopeful for a while. I am looking at it now, it is right beside me on the table, the front cover fluttering agasp and always inviting. Let me open it and quote a little something that I feel somehow defines me.

“I chose. I took the print of life not outwardly, but inwardly upon the raw, the white, the unprotected fibre. I am clouded and bruised with the print of minds and faces and things so subtle that they have smell, colour, texture, substance, but no name.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario